M&M's The Movie is a 1996 American computer-animated buddy comedy film produced by Gracie Films and released by Universal Pictures. It was directed by Simon Wells, and written by James L. Brooks and Matt Groening, based on M&M's shown in commercials, and stars the regular commerical cast of Billy West, J.K. Simmons, Cree Summer, Robb Pruitt and Eric Kirchberger, the film features the voices of Hank Azaria, Chris Tucker, Matthew McConaughey and Sarah Jessica Parker as new characters. M&M's The Movie was the second feature-length computer-animated film after Disney/Pixar's Toy Story.
- Billy West as Red, a chocolate M&M
- J.K. Simmons as Yellow, a peanut M&M
- Hank Azaria as Mr. King, a living marshmallow who hated M&M's
- Chris Tucker as Mr. Brownie, a brownie M&M with sprinkles and he looks similar to Red
- Matthew McConaughey as Mr. Pinkie, a pink M&M
- Sarah Jessica Parker as Violet, a violet female M&M who works for Red, Yellow and Green
- Cree Summer as Green, a female M&M
- Robb Pruitt as Blue, a cool M&M
- Eric Kirchberger as Orange, a frightened M&M
- Harry Shearer as Apple
- Bruno Kirby as Bartender
- Christine Cavanaugh as Margaret
- Frank Welker and Dee Bradley Baker as Minis
- Main article: M&M's The Movie/Soundtrack
- A first theatrical trailer was released on March 27, 1996, and was attached to films such as All Dogs Go to Heaven 2, James and the Giant Peach and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- The second theatrical trailer was released on August 1, 1996, and was attached to films such as Matilda, D3: The Mighty Ducks and Space Jam.
- TV spots for the film were released from September to December 1996.
M&M's The Movie premiered at the Mann Village Theatre in Los Angeles on November 5, 1996, and was theatrically released by Universal Pictures, November 22, 1996 in the United States and Canada.
The film was released on VHS and LaserDisc on October 28, 1997. It was later released on DVD on September 14, 1999. and on Blu-ray on November 15, 2011, nearly fifteen years after its original release.